Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Snow Day

We had a very fun President's day going to Flagstaff for a day trip and visiting Aunt Mel and sledding. It was Ella's first trip like this and she was great--she slept the whole way there and the whole way back--and she slept cozily in her stoller the whole time we were sledding. We got her out in the snow with her adorable snowsuit (courtesy of Danny and Krisztina and fam) for a few pics, and then she was just snug as a bug in a rug the rest of the time. Also, it was a great day because we had happy kids throughout and no major injuries--yeah! Definitely worth all the packing and laundry post trip just to see these kiddos having such a grand time--snow is such a novelty to us desert folk!

Here's Aunt Mel and Ella posing in the beautiful scenery together--what lovely ladies!
Okay--we had to do one in the snow--after all, it was a SNOW SUIT! How cute is that?? Here I am having fun--I am--having fun--sledding is fun--not scary--no, it's fun--
Angie and Jack had a great time going down the BIG hill--Angie is such an adventuress--she is the child who we can get to do al the things that Dad wants to do--and Mom doesn't! The place we went to was great--they had all kinds of hills--from the very daring to the very wimpy--so even I could sled!


Freedom! Logan was hilarious--he just kept trucking along and he didn't mind the bumps at all or falling off or anything--it was all, "TOTALLY AWESOME!"
Although Sunny did do some sledding, truth be told she spent most of the day creating things in the snow. She is such an artist--even in the midst of adventure.

Here's a vidoe of Logan going down--we took a few more but they take FOREVER to download on Jack's laptop, so maybe I'll download a few more later this week on our computer.




And in ending this post, I had to figure out a sneaky way to get in these pics of Ella--so here goes--
Even though we had a fabulous time in the snow...

We were happy to come home and be in our own sweet beds!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn,
Looks like a great time! Unfortunately we see snow a little bit too much! Ha!
Jocie

Angie said...

What a fun snow day! I'm so glad you were brave enough to enjoy the fun too. :) I think it's so sweet how Sunny uses her artistic talents even in nature. Everyone looks so happy!