Beautiful Ella and Daddy outside the temple
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Ella's Temple Sealing
This temple has come to mean so much to us. We both got our endowments here (a time when you make a deeper committment as a follower of Christ), we were married here, we had Angie, Sunny, and Logan sealed to us here, and now we have had Ella sealed to use here. As we first walked into the temple I just felt such a wonderful Spirit there. We went over to the records office to make sure everything was scheduled correctly and we saw Bishop Crockett there. He is a man in our ward and he is a sealer at the temple, so we had asked him to perform the sealing for us. Right when I shook his hand I felt such an overwhelming testimony that this man was worthy to hold the priesthood and seal this baby to our family forever through Jesus Christ. It was very powerful, and it was real. I am so grateful for this beautiful blessing on the earth today!
Here we are right after the ceremony with our precious baby.
Grandma and Ella having some fun times
Grandma and Grandpa Neilson and Ella--don't you love the look on her face?
Our precious children--the older kids all were able to be there for the ceremony as well--the temple workers provided them all with white clothing and the girls even got to keep their beautiful white bows. Logan told us at first he was pretty scared, but when I saw him in the sealing room he just beamed up at me as if to say, "Mom, this isn't scary at all--it is awesome!!"

Goofing around--Jacob and Trevor had a bunny ears face off that day.
Aunt Jennie can always get smiles from Ella!
Love it!
A few weeks ago at church I was gathering up all the kiddos and holding Ella and trying to get out to the car. As we are going past our home teacher he said to me, "And I can still remember when you didn't have any kids--Look at you now!" I jokingly said, "Yeah, be careful what you wish for huh?" but really, what more could we wish for? Don't get me wrong, out life is not a bed of roses, and motherhood is a daily learning experience for me, but wow are we blessed or what? When we first thought we couldn't have kids, it was such a heartache, and here we are with four beautiful children! We will always be so grateful to all those who have helped us in our adoption journey, and especially at this time Ella's beautiful birth family. It has truly been a miracle in our lives! Thanks everyone who came for supporting our family in this special day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Carolyn,
You have such a beautiful family and you inspire me to be a better mom. Thanks for being my friend.
Wow, thank you for sharing. Aren't our families amazing things? And our children all come to us as gifts--miracles--from Father in Heaven, however it may be that they come. You and your family are so sweet and we are glad to have you guys as friends.
How exciting! I can still remember when my family was sealed and what a wonderful day it was! Your kids will remember it forever! We are so excited for you guys, you have such a wonderful family!!
wow that must have been so awesome. I am so sad that i couldn't have been there. i always regret not being there for things after i see pictures from the event. i miss all the family things! i can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. i need to move back i can't keep missing these sweet moments. you have a great family and you guys are amazing parents!! I don't know how you do it but i ned a few lessons for sure. it's hard being a mom sometimes.
Brought tears to my eyes! What a special moment!
You're mom looks well!
What a beautiful forever family!
Beautiful Family! Such a neat experience. You little family is co cute. Thanks for finding me!
You are so right. I'm so happy you and Jack are the people you are, so that you could adopt these 4 precious children and become a forever family for them. I am constantly feeling how blessed I am to have been given Thomas and I also feel grateful for him that he was able to find us too. Adoption is beautiful. Congratulations on your sealing. She fits in so well.
Love the pictures! So HAPPY for you all!! Ella just looks so beautiful in her white dress and the children are covered with smiles. It's as if they understand and feel the joy of being a forever family. Glad it was such a special day! And a memory you will never forget!
Post a Comment