Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Whiting Reunion in Canero Springs

Here's the whole fam--even with our doggie Caspian--of course, I guess Hermione wasn't there , but that probably would have been horrible considering the number of dogs that came. Caspian had a great time running around with all the other dogs--and we were so happy that he stayed close by and always came when we called him--this was his first camping trip so I was bit worried to take him off the leash. These shirts were made by Kari--thanks so much!
Jacob and Bryant enjoying each other's company
The ones who started it all!
Look! Jack and I in a picture together! How exciting! Too bad we don't look a bit more excited about it ourselves.


Here's Ella getting all snug and ready for bed...

And here she is a little later--yeah--it worked!
Okay, this picture is hard to see, but Jack is up there in the tree--his crazy cousins made a zip line from one tree to another--you just had to basically jump out to do it--he did it, but he took his sweet time. Still, he's much braver than me!
Crazy kiddos in Grandpa's trailer!
Look--they must be related--they smile the same! They even both have cute cheeks. By the way, Ella looks all greasy because I had just applied sunblock.

Ella loved meeting her cousin Braden--they took turns lovingly attacking each other.


Angie and Tiffany decided that they could still be beautiful in the wilderness, so they did some facials.
See food Trevor??
Ready to camp Daddy!
Kari and I brought up some simple crafts for the kids to do.



Kari's parents let us use their quad--it was so nice of them--the kids had a great time and I did too! I had never ridden one before so that was fun. I felt like a motor cycle mamma riding off with my burly man or something.






Logan loved the helmets--a little too much though--we had to keep telling him to put them back or he wouldn't get another turn!
Aunt Tiff and Baby Ella enjoying some down time
Uh, didn't we take this same picture last year???? Yeah, getting all wet and muddy is soooo fun, until we have to wash off in the freezing stream! Yet, they still do it--I guess it must be worth it!
Love this pic--it shows how Ella is so on the move now--loving the exploration!

Welp, good job making it through all those--my sis-in-laws also posted from the same reunion on their sites if you are just dying to see more. It was a fun weekend and I am happy to say we had NO RAIN. Of course, the year I come totally prepared with rain boots and jackets and even waterproof pants for everyone, it doesn't rain! Still, I am okay with that. We made some good memories and got to know people better. Yeah for mountains, family, and nice weather!


5 comments:

Diane said...

you guys are just full of vacations!! holy cow. :) looks fun though.. was it cold? and where did you go??

Becky said...

Your family is so beautiful. I am so excited for you guys. Isn't it fun having a baby. We are doing things opposite of you. I think we will try to foster/adopt some slightly older children now. Thomas loves kids and I'm not sure a baby would be the best decision for us right now. I wanted to comment on the picture of Ella and her (cousin/uncle?) Before I read your caption I was thinking wow they have the same smile and cheeks they really look like they are related. It was cool to see that you thought the same. Isn't adoption amazing.

Jennie said...

Cute pics! I can't believe how muddy Sunny is!! I can't wait to see Ella crawl too. Little cutie! Logan looks cute and estactic with that helmet on!

Angie said...

All these reunions! How fun!

As a child we didn't have family reunions so now we're trying to make it happen for our kids now. :)It's so exciting!

MerBear's Blog said...

This looked like tons of fun! I love seeing the exciting things your family does! :)