Sunday, January 18, 2009

White (Ings)

The day after Christmas (right after The Nutcracker) we drove up to Eagar. We had to take a different route because of all the snow, and we still had a bit of a scary time on the road we took. We had planned on going sledding at this community spot, but it was CLOSED! WHAT! They CLOSED the sledding spot because of SNOW. Yeah, okaaaaaay...... Anyway, it turned out to be much more fun to go out on our own and find our little white winter wonderlandish place to sled in. The snow was so pretty and we were all alone.


"Aunt Tiffany" came along with us for some fun. The kids just kept sledding down that hill I tell ya.






Ella definitely enjoyed her first experience with snow--well, technically it wasn't her first time. We actually took her when she was a few months old to Flagstaff, but she slept in her stroller the whole time. She decided to stuff it in her face at first, then she realized that it was pretty cold and stopped doing that--children learn by doing right? Don't you love the snow pants and boots?




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! The kids are loving it ecspecially Ella...too funny.

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun...and very cold! Enjoy the warm weather in Arizona!

Diane said...

i can't believe she tried to eat it! how funny..
my kids weren't too thrilled w/ the snow trip! (so i told them... well good, now i don't have to take you back--so don't ask!)
yeah... that's how i roll!!!

Jennie said...

That pic of Ella shoving snow in her mouth is the best! What a great shot.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy some snow fun!

AZ said...

I love the eating snow one!

I have Keri (Pearce)Payne's blog address:

www.paynefull.blogspot.com

I can't believe Keri has three kids. Fun to see you. I promise I'll post pictures but my card reader is acting up again :(

elaine said...

I FOUND you! Ha. I love your blog! We are home, here at the North Pole, all in grayscale after the full color of AZ

Anonymous said...

We were up in Eagar for the New Year and Brett and Kimber went to the "hill" where you can sled and junk and the baby and I stayed in the car and took a nap. I stepped outside for like 30 seconds and said forget it! It was way to cold and windy for me let alone a baby.