His name is Conner Arick. He was born on August 11 and weighed a whopping 6 lbs. and 14 oz. We were priveledged to take this precious baby home only two days after he came into the world. Why did we wait to share this news you ask? Well, sometimes in the world of adoption you have to wait a little while until things are permanent. Because miracles really DID happen in this instance we felt very strongly that things would work out and the placement would be final. However, we just thought it would be nicer to say, "We have a new baby!" than, "We have a new baby with us and in thirty days we will know for sure if he will always be with us!" so we opted to wait. And now we can officially say (as of today) that Conner will be a member of the Whiting clan. And we feel SO VERY BLESSED.
Man--look at these other beatiful siblings he will get to grow up with--I'll say it again--WE ARE BLESSED. This last month Jack and I have found ourselves saying a lot to each other that we don't know WHY we have been so richly blessed to have five great kiddos, but we know we HAVE been.
In case you are wondering, Ella is definitely enjoying being a big sister....

A LOT.

We feel so full--our van is full, our table is full, our closets are all full, our schedule is full, and our hearts are full. We feel gratitude and love for this new blessing and eternal gratitude to our wonderful birth family.
*Thank you to my beautiful and talented niece Alexandra for taking these fantastic photos!*
15 comments:
Yay! Baby Conner is so precious and we are so excited for him to be the newest Whiting!
Wow!! That is incredible news! Conner is so fortunate to be in your family. And I am sure you feel the same way about him :) Congrats to you all.
I was actually thinking of you just tonight and wondering how things were going. I am so happy/excited for you guys! Conner is a doll! (a boy one of course!) You guys are the best family, he is very lucky to have you both as parents. =)
PS did you run the Disney Marathon? (Im guessing no with a new baby??)
Carolyn,
Yeaaahhhh! I am so happy to hear this news. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Baby Conner is so cute and your family is adorable. 5 kids! How fun! Love you!
Jocelyn
Conner looks like a handsome baby! Your niece really did a great job taking pictures of the kids. Congratulations, Jack and Carolyn- I'm happy for you guys and know you will teach your kids all that they need to know. YEAH! :)
Hooray! So glad it worked out and he gets to be yours! Gotta love your sweet little birthmom...
Congrats, and he's got my birthday...lol lucky guy to be bought into your family...blessing to all
Oh you guys, I just got goosebumps reading your post, how neat. Adoption is so wonderful and what a beautiful baby boy. I bet Logan is so excited to have a brother, with all those sisters :). You know today is Camilla's birthday, and when I think about when I was pregnant with her, I always think about you and Jack and how much you wanted a baby. Now look, you have 5 kids, and I only have 3. You truly are blessed, congratulations!
Wow! I haven't checked your blog in a while & I just saw this & I am so happy for your little-big family ;) Congrats!
Awesome! I am so happy for your family.
yes you are blessed, i agree.
I am so happy for all of you, and fully aware of what a great miracle it is.
I just heard about baby Conner yesterday and now here is a post about him. YEA!!!! What a truly blessed gift, have fun with him! (he is immensely better than a puppy I am sure!) :)
Congratulations!!!!! We wish you all the very best and send a ton of love your way!
Yea! I am so excited for you. I check up on friends and family blogs only about every 4 or 5 months and so when I saw another baby in your family I was really confused. Congratulations! I am so very happy for you. You deserve all the blessings you have in your family and they deserve you, because I know you are great people and great parents. Love ya
Post a Comment