I tend to really get into Halloween. The last time it happened we ended up as The Peter Pan family. (In case you are wondering who I am, I was the dog Nana—yeah, I usually get stuck with whatever leftover costume works in somehow.) Sunny was Wendy and Angie Tink. Why was Jack Peter Pan instead of Captain Hook? Well, because Logan already had the pirate costume!
It was fun to do a movie theme, but definitely more work than our usual preparation, which involves my saying, “Okay kids, Halloween is in a few days/hours/minutes. Find your costumes from dress up and what not. I bought a family make-up kit so let me know what you are.” After a few years of a break from Halloween creativity, this year we decided to try it again. Here’s the end product:
My awesome sister decided to join us as the Wicked Witch of the West—she totally went all out huh? And yes, yet again I am not a main character, but simply a “citizen of Emerald City”. And yes, I had to explain that many times to people during the night. Conner was also a citizen with me, or a munchkin I guess. He was basically just a cute baby in a blanket. Well, here’s some more pics of the cast:
We had two fun nights of Halloween fun—Friday we went to a Fall Festival in Chandler, and then on Saturday our ward Truck or Treat and trick or treating. It was fun to see Ella through it all—she was sort of scared at the Trunk or Treat, but by the end of the night she had definitely gotten the hang of it! Something about getting candy from strangers brings out the cuteness in kids I think!
Now that Halloween is over it’s time to start prep for Christmas right? And now we have officially entered the joyous “sugar season” that basically lasts until February—oh what joy and rapture! Hope everyone had a fun and safe Holiday—if you have any chocolate in your goody bag that you don’t want I’ll be happy to relieve you of it.:)
4 comments:
LOVE the costumes! It came all together just beautifully. Even Ella's red ruby slippers.
Yes your sister is pretty amazing! You all look great!
What a greta looking bunch. Awesome costumes!
Adorable costumes!!!!
You guys are too stinkin' cute!!! You make me realize just what a slacker I am!
How adorable are Ella's sparkly little shoes?!
You NEED to relieve me of some of the chocolate around here!
Post a Comment