Because these last few weeks have felt like a marathon—lots of good stuff happening…. Normally I don’t include all of our events because, well, I would be posting a lot because with all these kiddos we just have a lot of stuff going on. However, I just decided it might be fun to include it all this time. So, here it goes…
Angie had “Wax Museum” last week. Each student picks a person in history to write a report on and then become that person and present in a “museum” their life. She was Mary Todd Lincoln—what a fascinating lady she was! And also very tragic.
We saw many other historical wax figures that night—it was really interesting.
Luckily my sister Mel was in town and she did Angie’s hair for the big night—it looked so beautiful she could have gone to the prom…in six years of course!
This is just a cute shot of my other sister Becky with the little ones before we all went to Wax Museum.
Lots O’ Babies!
Then Logan had his cottage fair this week—they did a musical presentation on..you guessed it…America! Very well done and so nice to see teaching in schools of so many patriotic songs—even the armed forces ones!
The same night of Logan’s cottage fair we went to Sunny’s. In fact, our whole family performed together in it. Alas, I have no pictures of that because my mom took them on her camera and I haven’t gotten them yet. We did a skit about the horny toad and Logan was the horny toad—it was fun, especially the part where Logan squirted fake blood from his eyes to show the special ways a horny toad defends itself. You will just have to imagine the pictures of that one!
Another pic of Logan’s show:
This last Saturday Sunny and Angie performed in Calvacade. This is a special concert where hundreds of students perform—they have twenty pianos on the stage and all the students play at the same time with their different levels. This year they had a special guest—Jon Schmidt. He is a famous piano composer and performer and he was AWESOME.
The pictures are at the practice before the show—I don’t really know why he does the “hang loose” sign, but he is still a great piano player nonetheless.:)
And the school also had a sock hop this last weekend on Friday night—none of us won the hoola hoop contest, but at least they had cake.
Oh, and we got our garden in for the Spring…
And Ella and Conner are still darling…
And now we are sooooo ready for Spring Break!!!
6 comments:
You really are a busy mom! You are so creative and involved with all the extra little activities available to them! I hope I can be that motivated when my kids get older. What an example you are to me!
love those costumes. love those babies.
I agree with Audra! You are so such a good mom!! It doesn't matter what activities or whatever it is they do throughout the day- it matters more to have mom there beside them! Oh, Carolyn, your kids are growing so fast. Especially Ella- I remember holding her as a baby! I remember that gift basket I made with her name on the box- loved it! P.S. I'm welcoming advice anytime about my baby :)
Sounds so fun! Your post is getting me excited for when Dallin starts school. They should be calling us soon to let us know if he gets in (yes, we took your recommendation).
I loved this marathon post! Wow, you are a busy fun family. I feel a little sad right now and nostalgic thinking of those days so long ago when my children were all home, busy and happy and doing lots of fun things. Now they are all big and on their own. Life is still good but different. Grandbabies are a blast and my relationship with my daughters is so great. Thanks for sharing your life with us!
Post a Comment