Yes—we went to the 8-28 Glen Beck Rally. If you have no idea what I am talking about, it was a HUGE rally with people from all over the country gathering together in DC to help RESTORE HONOR to our great nation.
It was awesome. (Our great seats were courtesy of my sister-in-law and my nephew staying all day, and Jack and my brother staying all night.)
We only took the baby because, well, he was free on the airplane. And, he’s our little baby. The other kids stayed home with Grandma Whiting and Aunt Becky for a few days.
LOTS OF PEOPLE—At least 500, 000 gathered by the reflection pool on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. I have never seen anything like it—ever.
My Mom and Lyle came as well, and we met up with my brother and his family—I can’t find the pictures I took of them at the rally on this file for some reason. My niece and her husband came as well. So it was a nice reunion with great people at a really great event.
Good ole Glen—what a great guy he is! I’ve always liked him and agree with most of his views, but sometimes I sort of thought he went over the top. However, after this rally, it sounds silly, but I feel like I “know him better” and I respect what he is trying to do for our nation.
Another crowd shot, but it doesn’t do it justice.
Afterwards Conner zonked out and we traveled to see Mr. Lincoln.
Here we are at the memorial. We saw a lot of other stuff as well because we were there for a few days, but I’ll post about that later.
The rally raised money for a great cause—helping families of soldiers who have died in the field go to college—and it also had a theme—If we want to improve our country—we must start with ourselves. And we must improve in faith, hope and charity. It was a simple, powerful message that made a difference for me, and I hope many others. A great experience that I am proud to have been a part of.
3 comments:
WOW! I had no idea you just went to DC! This is what happens when we live so far away and miss out on all the goings and comings. Sounds like an amazing experience!
OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK Carolyn, I have a beef to pick with you! I live only 10 minutes from DC, where you were! AHHHHHH. I would have loved to see you three! The rally was awesome, wasn't it? Very powerful. What else did you see?! Did you go the Arlington cemetery? Any of the museums? Mt. Vernon? The temple? Blog more about your trip!
Post a Comment