Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It’s a Girl!

We found out last week that we are having a little baby girl!  Jack was totally right because that’s what he had said all along.  I’m so glad that I kept all of Ella’s baby clothes and have them all organized—can’t wait to get those cute little things out again.  Well, actually, I can wait because I want to feel more ready and organized before we welcome this little one.  But still, we are excited!  Here I am at about 17 weeks or so I think:

CIMG0043 (2)

Kind of a weird picture with my hand I know, but I don’t know what the proper pregnant lady stance is when posing for a belly shot—hopefully I’ll figure it out next time! 

Here’s a few Christmasy pics for good measure:

We used our fake tree this year because it was SNOWING in Eagar over Thanksgiving and Jack was not up to tracking through it to get a tree.

CIMG0016

The perfect spot….

CIMG0018

Making candy cane cookies for our shepherd night—these were VERY sticky and hard to do, so Mom did most of the baking, but I made the kids each make one for posterity sake of course.  Ella “stuck” with it to the end though (pun intended) and was quite a happy mess!

CIMG0027 CIMG0028 CIMG0029 CIMG0031

Santa at the ward party—Ella told him she wants a “jingle bell” for Christmas and Conner was not having it—finally we have a classic “kid scared of Santa” pic!

CIMG0036 CIMG0037

More ward party pics:

CIMG0043 CIMG0044

Look—it’s us together in a picture!!!

CIMG0039

Can’t believe Christmas is so close!  We’re Christmas crazy around here so we’re trying to squeeze it all in before the big day—stories, cookies, songs, lights, traditions, gifts—it’s sort-of crazy, but I love it because it’s only like this once a year, and then it’s over!  Merry Celebrations!

P.S.  Ella’s birthday was December 12th—she’s THREE!  And I want to put up her party, but my Mom took the only pics on her camera, so it will coming soon!

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Yippee, a belly shot! You look great! And if you figure out the hand position for a belly shot, let me know...I never did figure that one out. :)

Whitney said...

I didn't figure out the hand thing either. I had a friend who had her arms flung out to the sides because she didn't know what to do with them!

Amanda said...

happy pregnancy to you. happy christmas to you. :)

Meghan and Randy said...

YEAH IT'S A GIRL! That's great! Good thing Jack and Conner are already outnumbered :) It was great seeing you while we were in Phoenix. Thanks for having us over and looking forward to more belly pictures!

Angie said...

Ummm, it's been awhile since I have looked at your blog. I know shame on me! :) And to see the title, "It's a Girl!" I thought you were going to be able to adopt again. But I was WRONG.

Carolyn, my sweet friend, I'm so excited for you and the whole family! God is a Man of Miracles. It's so fun seeing you and your cute prego belly. Big hugs! So amazing!

Love you!