Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More Chincoteague

See what I mean?   Just too cute not to take a bunch of pictures!

102_0834

We took a little cruise around the island—I had to take a picture of Angie’s beautiful hairstyle before it got ruined after the first five minutes on the boat.

102_0838 

102_0842 

We saw these “wild” ponies on the cruise—not really super wild, but they do live on the island—they just control the population by penning and auctioning off most of the babies every year—other than that they are free to roam.

 102_0850

We also went to the top of the lighthouse on the island—which like a dork I didn’t get a picture of from the outside.  But the stairs inside were pretty cool.

102_0866  Angie made us count on the way down and there were 175 stairs total.  Here we are at the top.102_0868

Yup—we tried the crab,  and I can now say that I do NOT like crab…and I tried quite a bit of it.  Luckily Ang and Dad loved it so it wasn’t a total waste.  It was sort of fun cracking those suckers open though.

102_0870 102_0876 102_0874

Then on the day Ang and I flew back to AZ we had some time to kill in Baltimore before our flight—so we went to the Inner Harbor there and the National Aquarium—they were neat to see—the aquarium was AWESOME—they had so much stuff in there—even a rainforest! 

 102_0896 102_0904 

102_0894 102_0895

Then we said good bye to Baltimore and headed home….

102_0913

And that was the best part!  I REALLY was missing those kids man…this lady on the plane asked me about our family, and I started to tell her and then just started to cry..it was a little awkward actually, but oh well.  It was so nice to get home and hold them.  It was a nice trip, and it’s always good to come home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I always want a vacation from my kiddies and then after the first few hours I am ready to go home! and Wow, Angie is getting so grown up. She's beautiful!

Meghan and Randy said...

Wow you were so close to me! Ok not so close- the baltimore airport is about 45 mins to an hour away from me but still! Give us a call if you ever are out here towards DC. I'm so glad you had such a great time! It's always nice to miss your kids when you are away from them- reminds you of the best things in life!