Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pass the Peas Please!

We had WAY too much fun watching Ella try peas tonight..I just had to post about it.

At first she was a bit shocked by it. She saw me come over with a bowl and a spoon and she got all excited like she always does--I have only given her rice cereal and some oatmeal, and I recently made some carrot baby food for her which she liked at first but hasn't been too impressed with lately (so now I am wondering what I will do with all these little containers of frozen carrot puree in my freezer, but that is another story) so I thought I would make some peas out of some of the peas we were having with our own dinner--then it's almost like she is eating along with us!
Well, as I mentioned, the first bite was quite a shocker. She totally went for it all happy, and then her face crunched backwards in a bitter retreat--however, no crying happened, and she still seemed interested, so we perservered...
She became more trusting of the green goo as the spoonfulls continued to approach her mouth...
She finally welcomed it in with open lips and an open heart..yeah! Success with one green veggie--for now!

On a side note, Logan absolutely LOVES peas--I mean, we bribe him with more peas to finish other things on his plate! So, maybe if Ella keeps this up some day they will compete for the last serving--right now Logan always has the dibs on it!

6 comments:

Diane said...

peas are a hard one to accomplish! well done mommy! kiersten is that way w/ CORN. she won't eat dinner, but will just have a BOWL of corn instead. so silly.

Jennie said...

She looks so cute! As if you even wondered if she would like it...that girl LOVES food! :)

That makes me laugh about Logan loving peas and that you bribe him with it. :)

Brynlee loves a certain veg medley that we make and today she asked for more and I told her they were all gone. Brynlee said,"Well, Rae's not eating hers, I'll take hers."

There's a new feature on blog that allows you to create that update list like I have. Oh my GOODNESS, I'm so glad that I spent the time to add that on because it saves me so much time. I don't have to click on anyone's name now unless I know they updated. You could put one on yours if you wanted to.

Angie said...

I love the green! :) It was so fun to watch Cassidy take her first few bites of real food other than cereal or formula. Cute, fun pictures of that cute messy face.

Dustin said...

Yay!! Braden loves peas!! Actually now there isn't a fruit or veggie that we feed him that he doesn't like! She is getting so big! It's amazing how fast they grow up!

AZ said...

she keeps getting cuter and cuter! Look at those eyes!

Anonymous said...

Ella needs to show Mason how fun eating is. He doesn't like food and isn't even on the growth chart anymore! Can he watch her eat while we are in AZ? Maybe he will learn something!