Whew! After all their hard work in school this year, we decided to surprize the big kids and take them to a show at Broadway Palm West seeing Mulan. Ella spent some time with my good friend Brook McBride and she actually slept at her house the WHOLE TIME we were gone. What a good baby! Anyway, the show was super and the kids loved their surprize. All we told them was we were taking them out of school early for something special. Now that we have finished all of our end of the year celebrations--on to summer!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
The End of a Year
Welp, another school year has come to a close and these last few weeks have been the wrap up with final cottage fairs and what nots. Angie did a SUPER job on her science model, and it was a lot of fun seeing the other things kids had done.
Sunny also had a science project to do, but I guess Mom was a little confused about this one. She came home a while back with this paper that said she needed to become and "expert" on how the dinosaurs died. So, former teacher that I am, we go to the library, research on all these books and write up a little report about it to be handed in. It was really actually fun and interesting, and I was excited to go and see what she did with the info. at school. So, we go to the "science fair" and I realize that basically all the kids did was a SURVEY question about dinosaurs that the class had to answer with their opinion. Yeah, basically all the other kids asked the same question--"What is your favorite dinosaur?" Sunny was the only one who thought to ask something different! Her question was, "How did the dinosaurs die?" So, I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't do a little more, but I figure we had the joy of learning right? Ella really enjoyed all the stimulation and learning herself!
Then came Logan's kindergarten graduation. That was a great night--the principal totally cursed me though because said that we would cry and of course I did! I was doing just fine until at the end when all the lights were turned off, and the kids whipped these little glowsticks out of their shirts and sang, "This Little Light of Mine." I mean, how cute is that? Of course, Jack didn't cry and he likes to make fun of me for getting emotional over cheesy stuff. But, this is like and "epoch" in Logan's life right? Oh, Logan also sang a SOLO of "I'm the Emperor." (Penguin that is) I have a great video of it but we aren't that good at downloading those on here. He did a great job though--very noble and emperor like.
So, I guess Ella felt that she had to do something momentous as well, so...she has started to .....get up on her hands and knees and rock around! Okay, so she's not crawling yet, but it looks like it is going to come along pretty soon!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
talk about a busy week...or two! and kudos to hiking w/ kids & also to hubby for lugging ella around. not something we do--or even attempt. you're very brave! nice cake by the way..
Looks like fun end of the year celebrations. We are still in school and will be until June 23rd! I am ready for summer!
Post a Comment