Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Break

Here's Ella having a great time at my friend Stephanie's house. We have had fun so far this break. Here's some highlights.

So, we had to kick off Fall break with some "Fall Cleaning." woo hoo!!!! My mother in law actually called when we were doing this and told me to post about it--so here ya go! :) Look at those future home makers at work cleaning blinds--ah yeah!


When we went to visit my good friend Stephanie and her kiddos and we thought it would be fun to have them do some Fall crafts. They had a great time creating things together...


Logan, however, is not much of a crafter when he can be outside being a boy with his buddy Ethan.


Here's the finished product--yeah Fall time!


We also took a trip to a park I really like called Greenfield Park. They have all these funny exercise stations and the kids really wanted to go around and do them all. Like, a balance beam, chin ups, rings, step ups, stuff like that. Each one has little instructions. This one was just a leg stretch I guess. They are so funny, but I must admit I think it is kind of cool that they like to do this stuff and get excited about it!

Here's Ella watching and enjoying an apple while her siblings entertain her with their "work out" in the park.


















Ella loved the swing, as you can tell, and actually left her cute hat on for a few pictures--she used to let me put them on her, but I guess hats are no longer for "big babies," at least that is what she keeps telling me--just not in so many words.:)

Action shot--Logan is really into camo these days, if you can't tell.














After we played for a bit, we wandered over to the little lake. I had the grand idea of having the kids do some sketching to get more "one with nature." They actually thought it was pretty cool, although Angie definitely had the longest staying power. I was really impressed with how well Logan was studying things and being so calm and serene. I was thinking what a great idea I had and how I had helped him to really learn to observe, and then when we got home he started to tell me he wasn't feeling well. Come to find out he had a FEVER. Maybe that explains why he was so calm! And I thought it was the beauty of nature--nope, he needs a little virus to slow down! Still, I think the kids felt really cool doing this and learned how animals come to us when we just stay still.















Our ward campout this year was a little different, being in the desert and close by. However, it really turned out to be lots of fun. We did a night hike and a day hike, played lots of games, and had a really fun campfire. Yes, it was actually cold enough for a fire!
Breakfast..the best part of camping!



































I love the sleepy baby picture--this was on the night hike, which had a nice enough trail to push Ella around in--and she did fall asleep, slept the whole way through, and then stayed asleep when we got back to camp and had to change her for bed--nobody gets in the way of her sleeping time I tell ya!
Since we are on an extended year round schedule, we still have another week of break. Hopefully I can think up a few more things to keep everyone somewhat happy and busy! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!!! Cute kiddos. What good ideas to keep kids busy. Stephanie's kids are getting so big...wow!

Johnston*family said...

Awww man we missed the campout? Those were the days. Remember when we tried to do a talant show? HA HA HA. How is Stephanie and her family doing? I havent seen them in so long. Does she have a blog? Let us know when there is another ward party. Maybe we can come visit:)

Anonymous said...

Carolyn,
I wish we could have hung out with you guys for Fall Break. It looks like fun!

Kari Whiting said...

wow your such an awesome family, and carloyn i tell ya what, i can only hope to be the wonderful mom you are!!! Way to be amazing!!!

Diane said...

you'll have to tell me where that park is.. (i might feel like being nice & take them there)
and i guess you didn't already know?? big babies DON'T wear cute little hats!!! oh the embarassing things mommies do :0)

Marily said...

Fun pictures. I love the idea of sketching by the lake. You are a creative mom--I'll have to steal that one some day when my kids a are a little older.

Carolyn said...

Diane,
The park is on Greenfield just north of Southern. It is on the left. Let me know if you want to go and maybe we can come along. The weather is getting very "parky" these days.
P.S. I promise I won't make Ella wear the hat--sniff, sniff. :)