Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Family Home Evening


So, the other night after FHE was over we were all just sitting around and talking. Ella was looking through her little church nursery manual (which is something our church has published to help teach very small children basic gospel truths.) We use it each week and every one gets to take a turn teaching the "Ella lesson," which is a very short little version of one of the lessons. Anyway, all of a sudden we see her point to a picture of Christ and say, very clearly, "Jesus!" It was so cool! We hadn't given her any prompting or anything! So of course Angie rushed for her camera and we had to get this video. She doesn't say it very loud, but that is her saying it. Just had to share! And then at the end you will notice that she is saying, "See! See!" because she wanted to look at herself on the camera. It is so exciting to hear her say new words all the time--she will try and say ANYTHING and she says so much now! I love that I am able to talk to her and she understands me and wants to learn. Babies are AMAZING and WONDERFUL!

7 comments:

Kari Whiting said...

carolyn, ella's hair looks super red in this picture. She is so cute and i love that she is talking too

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

That was soooo adorable! I can't believe how fast she is growing up! Next thing you know, she'll be giving her Valedictorian speach!

Jennie said...

Oh that cute babes! I can't wait to give her big smooches! She'll probably be scared of me because she won't remember. I LOVE when babies/little kids say Jesus. How sweet! Thanks for the video.

Angie said...

Love the video! It always touches my heart how children are close to the Savior.

Anonymous said...

Ella is so adorable and getting so grown up! I am sure that the bigger kids are great examples to her!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,
Just wanted to tell you that pic of our family at the top of our blog was at The Sacred Grove. You should come and visit, we would take you there!

AZ said...

I think Children are so close to heavenly father!