Sunday, July 12, 2009

SLUMBER? party........


Well, we made it through a night of giggly girls and fun without any major injuries...notice I said MAJOR injuries. The party really was a great success I thought--we had enough girls to make it a lot of fun, but not so many girls that there were any cliques. Logan was shipped off to the grandparents' for the night so things could get really full of X chromosome stuff like painting nails, dressing up, watching princess movies, and eating tons of ice cream.













Now, for the "not a major injury" part. I really probably should not have let all the girls go out and jump on the tramp together--and Sunny was proof of my poor judgement. Jack ended up having to take her to urgent care, but luckily it was just a bad sprain.
Those sweet girls decided to make her some get well cards while she was gone....Luckily Angie decided to document the efforts. I especially thought it was rather humorous how the girls were all sitting around pigging out on ice cream, laughing and giggling and watching Princess Diaries, and then all of a sudden one of them would sigh and say, "Oh you guys...it just isn't any fun without Sunny here huh? I hope she's okay and gets back REALLY soon.....Hey, pass the popcorn!" Really, I'm not trying to downplay their sincerity, because I am sure they were sincere, it just struck a funny bone with me.:)










Well, Sunny did return soon, and since she seemed pretty content with all the mounds of attention she got, it was rather hard to give her TOO much pity, but we did make sure we knew how brave she was. And then the partying really resumed.







It really was a lot of fun, and since Jack and I were able to sleep ourselves, we didn't really mind how late those crazy girls stayed up. We also decided to let Logan have a sleepover the next night with three boys--I feel really bad though because I missed getting pics of that one. It was filled with Kung Fu Panda, legos, a homeade pinata, and lots of sugar. I think we might make this a summer tradition--I can definitely do it again--as long as it is only once a year!





































No comments: