Sunday, January 31, 2010

Uncle John’s Funeral

Funerals really do create wonderful family reunions.  I so enjoyed visiting with family members before, during, and after my Uncle John’s funeral—some of whom I hadn’t seen for many years.  These are just a few photos in no particular order and mostly meant for the people that were there, but you can also look if you want to.:) (Unless you were there, then you can..look too….yeah.)

100_0203 

This picture turned out fuzzy:( but I still like it.

100_0185

Ella and Etienne bonding

100_0183 

This was after the beautiful service of our whole family—except for my brother Steve and Mel’s husband.  What a great service it was—Silly me, I thought since Jack was actually able to sit with our family during a church service (he’s normally up on the stand when we go to church and I am wrestling with the kiddos in the pew below—well, mostly with Ella actually) that we would all be able to sit and enjoy it together.  Well, I didn’t take into account that the service started at 4:00PM and that is a bit late in the day for both Conner and Ella to be in their very best “sit still on a wooden bench for an hour and a half” moods.  So, we both took turns going out with the babies, but this wonderful church actually had a baby room that could see right into the chapel, so I didn’t miss anything at all.  I was also very impressed with the fellowship and all the food provided—great people!

 

100_0186

Conner and Etienne bonding—Conner wasn’t about to let his older sister outdo him.

 100_0189

 

Some beautiful women!

100_0191

More beautiful people who I all love dearly—yes, I am in there too and I love myself also. (Cause I’m good enough, I’m smart enough…oh, I hope someone gets this joke…)

100_0193

Fuzzy again—learning our new camera

100_0194

Just relaxing together

100_0202

Thanks for the great memories and special time everyone!

1 comment:

Audra Owens said...

"and gosh darnit, people like me!"
he stinks as a politician though...:)