Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Twelve

 

Yes, little Angie is twelve. (insert gasp here)  Yeah, it’s a hard concept for me to grasp sometimes.  She is now officially in Young Women’s at church, she has pierced ears, and she is only four years away from driving a car—maybe even my car! (insert another gasp here)

100_0319

It is amazing to see the transformation from little girl to young lady—in so many ways she is very grown up, but luckily she is still retaining many little girl qualities.  For example, Angie now cooks dinner for our family once a week (with some help from Mom of course), but she also enjoys playing kitchen with Sunny, Logan and Ella.  She loves to do her hair and accessorize her outfits, but she is still very willing to run around in a rain storm and not care a bit about her appearance.  She can sometimes give off a bit of a teenager attitude when it comes to getting up in the morning or performing other equally unpleasant tasks, but she still loves for me to tuck her in at night and sing her a lullaby. 

 

This is Angie’s AWESOME new leader at church Sister Ramos—she baked her a cake for her birthday and brought it over—what a wonderful teacher and example she is to our daughter—Angie LOVES her and felt so special when she brought over the cake.

100_0321 

Ang also gave her first talk in sacrament meeting on her birthday—I guess that is what happens when you live with the Bishop!  I actually totally forgot about it until Sunday morning when she comes up to me and is like, “Mom, I have my talk all ready.”  So, I had her practice it for me while I am running around the house getting all the last minute stuff ready for church—so, she wrote  it all alone and it was great! 

 

Here she is with some friends at her birthday slumber party.  Jack and I felt like spies sitting around and listening to them talk—it is so fun/funny to hear what these pre-teen girls all say to each other!

100_0265  

 

What a lovely young lady she is turning into!  She is such a help to me in so many ways, and I am enjoying watching this transformation happen—she is our oldest, and hence the first to venture into “grownupland,” and I think she is doing it very well!

100_0281

Here’s a few more pics from the party—those giggly girls had a great time together—and when I went out in the middle of the night to get a bottle for Conner I found Angie and her friend Gracie still going at it-giggling and eating pizza till all hours of the night.  Fun times!

 100_0290

Notice our friend Carli in the background with Conner—you can see her like that in pretty much every pic we have of Conner that night—she LOVES babies and wanted to hold him LOTS. 

100_0274100_0277

100_0287 

 

 

Alien masquerade?

100_0269

Carli in heaven—and Jack looking kind of cute in the background there.  (Conner also looks cute, but that goes without saying of course.)

100_0270 100_0282

Whatd’ja get?

100_0285

Here’s one more pic of Ang with her cute Aunt Kirsten—who obviously just got ENGAGED—woo hoo!  (And Ang is very interested in that by the way---hmmmmmm).

Well, Angie, I guess I will allow you to keep on growing up since you are doing it so well.

Just as long as you always want me to sing you a lullaby.:)

100_0211

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Carolyn! I can't believe Angie is 12 already! She is such a cute girl!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe Angie was turning 12 when she came into YW...WOW She is so cute in YW though. We are so lucky to have her. Happy 12th Angie!

Anonymous said...

When you were at our house for the boys' birthday party I had such a nice visit with Angie. She has become such a beautiful young lady. You and Jack have done such a good job with your kids. What a neat family!

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

I was shocked when Becca told me she was turning 12. They do grow up sooo fast but it is great to enjoy that journey with them. Happy Birthday Angie!