Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Babies, and Joyschool

 

Can I tell you how much fun it is to have a toddler and a baby together?  Yes, it can be very demanding on my time and energy and sometimes discouraging when things don’t go the way I would like them to, but those little moments where the two of them connect together or where they are just SO CUTE make it so worth it.

 

Conner is getting to be quite a big boy—rolling all over, sitting up pretty well, and trying SO HARD to get from rocking to crawling.  He has the sweetest disposition and makes the most adorable smiles and little babbling sounds ever. 

 100_0410

He still is not much of a champion napper, but thank goodness for the moby wrap!  He is getting better at his naps and will now typically have at least one really good nap and then cat naps the rest of the time.  However, he sleeps great at night so I really can’t complain too much. 

100_0416

 

 

Then there is the other baby Ella—she is also growing up SO FAST and just such a fun little lady.  She talks very well with complete sentences most of the time.  “Mom, can you get my drink?  It’s on the counter.”  “I need to take that doll to bed” and so forth. 

100_0375

She has become very interested lately in where people are, and where they are going, and what they are doing.  She always notices if someone in the family is gone and asks me about it.  It’s like she is starting to realize that there is a world that is going on when she isn’t there.  It is the best to get a greeting from her when I come home from something and she is there.

“Mom!  You’re home!!” followed by a huge bear hug.  Of course, Dad gets this every day—such the celebrity!

100_0417

 

And Conner did this tonight—he can’t even crawl yet but he’s ready to take off!

100_0517 

I hope these two little monkeys will stay close forever.  We were worried about little Ella not having a playmate close to her age because Logan is 6 years older than her—what a blessing Conner is to her, and what a blessing she is to him.  Thank goodness he tolerates most of what she puts him through—so far:)

100_0464 

These are some pictures from the little joyschool we are doing in our neighborhood.  We have eight children and the school is only once a week for 1 1/2 hours.  Each mom takes a month to have the school at her house and we rotate.  This was my month and it was really fun, but I’m not going to beg the next mom to let me do it again or anything like that;)  I think that by the last week I had finally gotten the schedule down really well and knew what I was doing, but the kids still had a great time no matter what and that’s what matters. 

 

We made flags for President’s Day.

 100_0394 100_0389

 

 

We did free play, a little lesson with books, fingerplays and usually a visual math concept(This was also where we had our snack time—sneaky way to get them to sit still I know), and then a craft.  By that time it was almost parent pick up so we would head out back to jump on the tramp till they got there.  

 

Some physical time activities:  dancing!

100_0383

 

Making a tunnel—this was the most fun to watch them do!  Each kids took a turn crawling under. 

100_0384

 

Congrats for reading this whole post—believe it not, I wanted to post more but decided against it for now.  I will just leave with one picture of the rest of our children so as not to neglect them too much: we are so proud of them as well!

100_0398

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I want to know all about the Moby wrap. I really want to get one for this baby because I don't know how I will keep up with 4 kids without one. Are they easy to put on? I can't do anything that is complicated, my brain does not think like that? Do you recommend it? Let me know. I am trying to decide what kind to get!

Anonymous said...

FUN TIME! CUTE FAMILY

Carolyn said...

The Moby wrap is really simple--there is only one way to put it on yourself, and then you can put the baby in it a bunch of different ways. It also comes with a book and you can even look up video instructions on line--I'm sure you can do it Jocie! I personally like it a lot better than the tracitional carrier because it is a lot more comfortable. Hope that helps--do you have a name yet?

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

love your post! We used to do Joyschool when Phill was a little boy, (Bex was actually a little young at the time) VERY fun! I loved the tapes with the songs for each holiday and teaching moment. I still sing "The good choices make me happy and the bad ones make me sad". :)