Saturday, April 24, 2010

Elaine, why didn’t you tell me it was a trilogy?!?!?!??!

Okay, obviously this is a very late post.  Obviously I should be in bed right now.  Obviously everyone else in my household will probably be up in about five and a half hours.  Obviously my sweet husband tried to get me to go to sleep and I could not do it.  And OBVIOUSLY I am writing a post right now.

WHY?  Why you ask?  Well, I will tell you in one word—maybe two.

Hunger. Games.

Awesome. Book.

Could. Not. Put. It. Down.

Very. Upset. To. Find. That. It. Is. A. TRILOGY!!!!!

What happens to Katniss?  And Peeta!  And I guess I should care about Gale too, but to be honest I really don’t very much.   And what about all those crazy/evil/sad/horrible people???

Elaine, you never told me there was more to this book….But, maybe that is a good thing.  Because if I knew that I might have the next book right now, and then I wouldn’t get any sleep tonight.

Okay, if anyone out there wants to go crazy like I have read this great book by Suzanne Collins.  It is riveting and thought provoking and has fabulous characters—I am a sucker for a good plot with great characters. 

But I, being a merciful being, will tell you that the book has two more coming after it.  And the last one, I think, hasn’t even been released yet.  So, be prepared to want more at the end.  But be prepared for a great read and some thought provoking stuff that will keep you up at night and wanting to blog about it. 

HUNGER GAMES

Now, I must sleep.  Goodbye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know! I read the first two and can't wait for the third. I think it comes out in august? Glad you liked the first one!

Nik said...

I totally agree! I actually enjoyed the 2nd even more... we'll have to discuss this at the luncheon today!
I am anxiously awaiting the 3rd!!

elaine said...

So glad you gave me a heads up because now I have read your wonderful blog! I am The Unmerciful Being. So glad you read it! Maybe we could do an online book club, since I'm not going to law school this year. I have to go read book 2 now.
AuntE aka Unmerciful one.