Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Goodies

This year we enjoyed lots of goody making before Christmas.  First we went to a gingerbread house party at Jack’s uncle’s house the Thurbers.  Lots of fun, games, food, kids, and family!

CIMG0014 CIMG0015 CIMG0016 CIMG0017   CIMG0019CIMG0028

Then we made some of our own goodies for our neighbors.  Jennie, I tried some of your recipes from your cookie party and sooooooo many people have asked for the recipe for the caramel puff corn.  Our next door neighbors gave us an entire plate of homemade tamales in exchange for another bag of it!

CIMG0029 CIMG0031

Then we went to my cousin Tami’s house for her sugar cookie making party—way fun!  She uses her great grandmother’s recipe for the cookies and the frosting, she has aprons, special knives, cute bowls, hot cocoa, apple cider, lots of cookies and TONS of different sprinkles and toppings.  We had so many cookies we had to give more away, and people must have been very impressed because they were just beautiful!

Christmas week 013 My sister Melanie and I are both pregnant together—she is due in March though.

CIMG0034 CIMG0036 CIMG0038 CIMG0042 CIMG0043 CIMG0044 CIMG0045

Yep, we’ve had our fill of the sweets over here—and some great memories too.  I’ll post more of Christmas Eve and Day later—hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Looks like you had a delicious holiday! :)

I know, that puff corn is so hard not to keep nibbling on! I'm thrilled that you were able to make some of the recipes!

Anonymous said...

Those look like yummy treats! YOu look so cute pregnant!