I always try to have a loose schedule of sorts in the summer so that we aren’t getting up every morning and wondering how we are going to fill the hours. Each day we generally do something, but of course we can change it if something else comes up. All three older kids are in swim team in the morning, and then we do different stuff in the afternoons—we have library day, a swimming day, a movie theater day, and on Mondays we have a new thing—making and musical Mondays—which means we STAY HOME!! (This is generally my favorite day.) We make or cook something and watch a musical. Also, catch up on laundry and cleaning.
Anyway, there is a point to this long description of my life presently. This Monday we made salsa and watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. And for some reason I was much more laid back then usual—probably because we didn’t have to pack up and go anywhere at any specific time. I found myself spending fun time with all my kids—especially Ella and Conner, who probably need that a lot more these days with Savannah around. And wow, I really enjoyed my day—and I enjoyed my family. And it felt so nice! Then I thought to myself, this must be how Alayne Favereux feels every day! She is my children’s amazing piano teacher and she seems to have it figured out ya know? She knows how to ENJOY life and she ENJOYS people. So, I decided, that’s how I want to be more and more.
And THAT is what I want to do this summertime.
More of this…
and this…
and this…
and this…
and, uh, this was just a really cute picture.
2 comments:
Carolyn-I definately think you have it all figured out! You are a great mom with fun ideas. Who would ever think of Musical Monday? I think I am going to start that too! Miss you!
Looking good! Give me a call when you get a free minute--ha, ha!
Post a Comment