Tuesday, September 20, 2011

July Gettaway #4 Whiting Reunion

  Here’s some pics from the Whiting Reunion—which actually was in August I think.

102_1035 102_1072

Yes, Ella has a black eye—she got it the day before we left by trying to wash her hands and falling on the toilet.  At least she was trying to be sanitary.:)

102_1073 102_1030

Jack thought Savannah might enjoy a bike ride this way—but she didn’t really at all.  Oh well, the other ones did. 

102_1077

Hey Asher—come with me, and I will show you the DARK SIDE….

102_1074

The dark MUD SIDE that is….

102_1080

Hey—where’d you go?  I was just getting started…

102_1079

This was the coolest part of the reunion—a homeade merrygo round!  Jack’s dad made it while we were up there.  The kids loved this thing and played on it TONS.

102_1091 102_1041

The annual ride up to Green’s Peak to then try and run down a large, steep hill that is full of pot holes and little hills and other things that makes for a very uncomfortable run and leaves you wondering who on earth came up with this tradition….but we do it anyway because, like Tevye, our traditions keep us balanced like that Fiddler on the Roof I guess—I don’t know, the kids think it’s fun. 

102_1058

Despite my sarcasm, it was a great trip—too short actually.  And then, as I think everyone is aware—school up and started:

102_1124

Ella even started a little preschool in our neighborhood—here she is with a few cute girls from her class.

102_1166

Miss Melinda—who Ella says she loves and she will “never stop loving.”  I think this may be in reference to the times when she is angry at various and sundry people in our household and tells them those fatal words, “I don’t love you anymore!”  Melinda, you will never hear those words!

102_1167

2 comments:

AZ said...

FUN! You're kids are growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

SUper cute! I love having Ella in our class. So fun getting to know her.