Monday, October 22, 2007

Ya know...

We have our children in a school this year where they all get home before 1:00P.M. I wondered when I put them in if I would really like it or not, and now I have decided--I really do! Even though there are some times when I would like to have some more time to get things done before they come home, it is so worth it to see them together like this... They have so much more time now to just be kids and play, and I feel they have gotten closer because of it. I personally think that the public school system has our kids for too long and after all the homework and after school activities they just don't have enough down time. So, there is my little soap box and here are my funnies being creative because they have the time to do it!

A blanket, some juice and crackers--what else do you need?
Life is good.

4 comments:

Meghan and Randy said...

I agree with you, Carolyn! I love that the kids have more time to do things and bond more. It's great to hear! Whatever happened to the days when kids would go out and play randomly, explore different sights, and become someone else entirely different through their imaginations instead of being stuck in school? I absolutely LOVE Angie's hair. My goodness, she is a HOTTIE! Lovin' your updates, keep it up!

Meghan and Randy said...

Remember when I said I read the last chapter of the last book of Harry Potter? Well, guess what?! Do not be dismayed no more...I read the whole book and finished it this week. Now, I understand what you and everyone else had been talking about. It was good!!

Carolyn said...

Meghan,
Yeah for you! I LOVED the ending..glad I read it before JK Rowling's "announcement" about Dumbleldore though...still loved the series. Have a great day!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Carolyn
Looks like you are having fun! Your pumpkins are awesome. I was lazy this year and my kids painted theirs! Haha!
Jocelyn