Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Spring!

Hope you are enjoying the best season of the year! We celebrated the big day with a picnic and some games with friends at Freestone Park. Jennie and Brynlee and Raelyn dropped by, but unfortunately I don't have any photographic evidence. Obviously Ella was excited for Spring to be here...
I can't wait for the picnic! However, I also just like getting my diaper changed because Mommy likes to sing to me!

Here are the worthy racers ready for the big event..
It was quite a day at the field. I believe Angie was the hopper to beat.
The wheelbarrow race gave some Spring goers a chance to reclaim their position as champion racers...
Another exciting and bitter drama of sweat, grass, and a few spills. (Actually, I usually am very PC with races, due to the fact that one of my children who will remain nameless, but his name starts with a L and ends with a AN, gets rather upset at times with losing. So I just said that if everyone was a good sport then they would all get a prize for each race. This seemed to keep spirits high, but of course never stops the kiddos from knowing who the real winner is. I'm okay with winners and losers though, just as long as we all get along!)
Ella was a beautiful onlooker and commentator and enjoyed her time with her catterpillar friend. How nice to be out together enjoying this beautiful time of year! I love Spring!



Fun in the sand.It always has to include water doesn't it?
Hope everone is enjoying this great weather while it lasts!

.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Loved looking at all the fun races. It looks like Ella had just as much fun too watching. Can't wait to see ya this summer! :)

Jennie said...

Oh Ella's smiles are just so sweet!

That was a fun day...a short visit for us, but it was nice to see everyone again. Thanks! Hope you're having fun in WA.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish I could go to Freestone Park. You were right by my house. Actually I wish it was warm enough to go to any park...