Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter in Eagar

Good morning and Happy Easter to you! I am so glad to see you here on this lovely day!



"Aunt" Tiffany and her nieces (one of whom is only 6 months younger than herself!)

What studs! In cool new duds! They really are buds! Don't go play in the mud--s. (Obviously I am not Dr. Seuss.)

All the men together--in case you couldn't tell.
And then this one is--you guessed it--I won't even say it because I bet you already know!
One more of the girls in the house--this is post church so the hair isn't quite up to par, but luckily their smiles are! And of course Ella always has a good hair day!








These next pics are of Saturday before Easter and our family picnic.


Kirsten was such a wonderful aunt to Ella--she just cuddled up in her arms and slept the whole time we were there. Love the face--I think she was trying to eat the blanket!
The Whiting tradition is to go to this lovely spot by this lovely waterfall for a picnic every Easter. Our kids had never been there before so they were very impressed and had a lot of fun exploring around.




The falls were very big because of all the runoff this year.
Here are the hunters getting ready for battle....Jack only cried for a few minutes when we told him he was actually too old to hunt eggs this year--it really has been a long time coming and I think he took it very well. However, we decided to still let him pose for the pic.
While the eggs held the traditional candy and toys, I also tried something new borrowed from an idea from the Ensign (church magazine) of putting pictures of Christ in some of the eggs at different events in His life. Then the kids had to bring me the picture and tell me about it to get the candy. It made things more fun and hopefully helped them think about the true meaning of Easter as well.
Tiffany looks like she's doing pretty well with her stash.
Yumm--candy makes us happy!

Grandma and Grandpa Thurber enjoying food and nature--we are so happy to have them with us!

Here's Sunny enjoying the spoils of her foresty egg huntin'.




Hope everyone had a wonderful day remebering the miracle of life and the wonder of the life of Christ--we really take for granted the fact that here in Mesa we get to see The Easter Pageant every year at the temple grounds. I abolutely LOVE the last part of the pageant where Mary Magdelene finds the empty tomb. In the pageant she does this beautiful dance to show how joyful she is over the news. I always want to get up and dance with her, and it always makes me cry without fail, even though I have seen it for many years now. I usually don't get very mushy on my blog, but I just had to make a comment about the miracle of Christ and His sacrifice for us--how wonderful to know, as Mary did that Easter morn so long ago, that HE LIVES! Happy Easter everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right! The Easter Pageant is wonderful. I really missed being able to go this year. I think it was the first time I didn't go in over 15 years!
Your pictures are really cute too!

Kari Whiting said...

Well, long time no post. I was waiting and waiting for you to get back from vacation. I loved the pics, ella is darling and the girls looked so cute in their dresses. and i'm glad tiffany had a dress too. and i just have to say i think logab is startingto look like such a handsome young man. i sure do miss you guys!!

Dustin said...

I loved going to the waterfall as a kid! All the cousins would be there and we'd have a great picnic lunch! Seeing the pictures of the falls reminds me a lot of grandpa, we always had a great time up there with him. I am so glad your kids were able to have the same type of experience!

Carolyn said...

Okay Kari
I just have to ask--did you type that comment with a baby on your lap?--I just noticed no upper case letters and I myself and quite an experienced "baby lap typer" myself--I think we should all take a training session on it so we can share tips! Of course, if you didn't do that then this is an irrelevant post, but I just was a bit curious.

Kari Whiting said...

carolyn, i probably did have bryant on my lap, and not just that but dallin was probably trying to grab the keyboard or mouse also. but to be honest i usually dont use upper case, its a waste of my time. and i typed logan's name wrong too. i'm just not that good of a typer i guess

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.