Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Will Have to Wait

Because tomorrow is voting day!   I hope everyone who can will go make their voices heard.  Here’s how I plan to vote tomorrow.  Feel free to try and change my mind because I don’t profess to know it all or anything and could be misinformed on something.  In fact, some of these I am still undecided about, but I will put maybe where I am leaning towards:

106—This proposition will help to protect us from having no choice in our healthcare and it fights the healthcare bill in a way so I am all for that.—Yes

107—This proposition is a wonderful civil rights move because it will end affirmative action in our state.  That means that we will really be judged “by the content of our character, and not the color of our skin” as Martin Luther King Jr. dreamed about long ago.—Yes

109—This proposition will protect and preserve hunting and fishing areas in our state by keeping special interest environmental groups out of the process.—Yes

110—State Trust Lands—not sure—leaning no

111-Executive Department—not sure—leaning no

112—Initiative Petitions—not sure—leaning no

113—This proposition will protect our right to a secret ballet and I cannot believe that we actually have to do this but I’m glad it is being done.—yes

203—This proposition would legalize so called “medical” marijuana—big fat no

301—Land Conservation Fund—leaning yes

302—I am undecided on this bill.  It would take previous money that was supposed to be used for various government programs, some of which are early childhood programs, and cut those to balance our state budget.  I understand that we need to do this, but part of me doesn’t think it is right to cut those programs.  So, I have yet to decide.  However, the bill was written by Russell Pearce and I usually agree with him.  --don’t know

 

Other than that, vote REPUBLICAN in general and especially for Jan Brewer, Tom Horne, John Huppenthal, and Jeff Flake(he’s in my district).  I’ll vote for John McCain because he is a decent guy and has done some good, but sometimes he is not my favorite Senator.  John Kyle however would have my vote for our next president! (But he’s not even up for re-election.) 

 

Anyway, most important is to get out and vote because if you don’t you have absolutely no right to complain about the government.  It is our civic duty people and one of the reasons that we have the absolute best nation in the world. 

P.S.  Happy Halloween!

No comments: