Friday, November 5, 2010

Morning Farewell

Like many a morning, I said goodbye to Sunny and Logan this morning as they started to ride down the streets with their bikes. And like most mornings I am standing their holding Conner and warning them about not talking to any strangers and being careful on the way—I am hoping to make them just slightly paranoid about other people on the street, but not enough that it causes trauma or anything—hopefully my plan is working. Anyway, as they start to ride off out comes Ella yelling dramatically, “WAIT! I have to give them kisses!” Ella thinks that basically no one can leave without her “giving them kisses.” So, she rushes over there frantically telling them to stop—they do, and they try to act a little annoyed, but I know by their smiles that they love it. Leaning over, goodbye kisses and hugs, Ella is relieved that her mission was accomplished. I am just soaking up the whole scene when suddenly Ella comes skipping back to me and says, “I’m right here Mom—don’t worry. I have no panties on!” What a fabulous start to my day!

No comments: