Here we are in our random costumes—it was a free for all this year after a trip to DI and some creative embellishments at home. Dad recycled his scarecrow costume from last year, and I recycled my Little Women dress from high school when I was in the play—it is my constant last minute back up. Sunny was a geisha, Angie an old lady, Logan an army guy, Conner a cow, and Ella a Minnie Mouse princess.
Eating the spoils after Trunk or Treat—learned a new trick this year with make up—use ACRILIC PAINT. It stays on AWESOME and washes off super easy.
Dad and Ella at the Chilli Cookoff right before the Trunk or Treat outside
More trunk or treat shots—it was really fun because most people had a game in their car or something fun to do for the candy. We did a cakewalk, another lady was a gypsy who told fortunes, we even had some puppies!
Fun times and home by 7:30P.M. with church the next day—who can ask for anything more??
Then, on the actual Halloween day I decided to go a little crazy and make a fun meal for our family and all of Jack’s siblings who live in town and their spouses, (or future spouses):
I am so proud of my accomplishment that I just had to document the work so here ya go:
I started with thirteen of these little guys:
Then I used my little minions to help me scoop out all the goo (This actually was the longest and hardest part—I really didn’t think about how long this would take—Thanks goodness my girls were willing to help—to his credit, Jack is gone all day on Sundays except for dinner time—to Logan’s credit—uh, he helped with one or two maybe—to the babies credits, they were napping.)
Then we seasoned them and added some butter and baked them good…
And added in this DELICIOUS filling which I had made the night before (with Jack’s help, so he did contribute after all).
Then I topped off the little guys with cute pie crusts that looked like pumpkin tops—this part I cheated on and did frozen because I didn’t want the extra work of making the pastry. However, I have never had frozen pie crust before and I was not a huge fan—so I think I would go ahead and make the pastry myself next time.
And they looked like this—and were yummy! And we had a fantastic strawberry salad from Camille and Jacob and rolls from Kari and Corey, as well as a yummy drink provided by Tyler and Whitney. Oh, and Kirsten and Levi even brought pumpkin rolls. It was a yummy, fun night with lots of kids and babies, lots of food, and a few trick or treaters at our door.
I must confess though, I was so obsessed with taking pictures of the food that I only took one of any people! How appropriate that I chose the newly engaged couple though!
They even shared their pumpkin because it was a rather large one—how cute are they!
Family is the best isn’t it?
1 comment:
cute and yummy. all of it.
Post a Comment