Saturday, January 22, 2011

Enjoying the Weather

We’ve been out to a few places these last few weeks feeling the nice sun and getting active.  On Martin Luther King Day we went on a hike out at San Tan Regional Park.  Honestly, this place has rather boring hikes, but it’s close to my mom and stepdad’s house where we were going for dinner.  And this was a great hike for Ella’s first hike out of the carrier because it’s very simple.  

 

Here’s our little trooper walking along.  Thanks to a nice little nap in the car she was a great mood and didn’t even ask to be carried until the very end.  She kept saying, “I’m a hiker!” and “Woah, this hill is sure slowing me down!” when we’d go up a little steep spot.

CIMG0086

Angie tried carrying Conner on the pack herself at first, but as Jack and I noticed her leaning over farther and farther we decided that maybe she’s not quite ready for it yet—but it gave Jack a nice little break while it lasted! 

CIMG0087 

Here’s Jack and the kids close to the top—we’ve never actually made this whole hike—the bigger kids got a lot farther than Ella and I did though.  She was so funny—she would stop to get some rocks so she could put them in their “nest.”  She told me the nest was, “way at the top” and we would carry them up there.  Then after carrying this handful of rocks in her shirt for about two minutes she would say, “Oh Mom!  Look!  Here’s the nest right here!” 

CIMG0091 

Jack’s attempt to try and get Angie, Sunny, and Logan to pose lovingly with one another….

CIMG0089

 

 

Then today we (okay, Jack really) packed up all the bikes and bike trailers on the back of the van and we did a ride over at the Riparian Preserve on Gilbert and Guadalupe. 

I was a little worried this might not go too well because the kids have had a hard time with other trail biking experiences—and it has sometimes seemed like a lot work for a very short ride--but this was a great spot for them—and me too!  It was beautiful with trails and lakes and birds, and it was pretty smooth and had just a few fun hills here and there. 

102_0161 102_0160 That’s me keeping up the rear with my cute daughter in the front—I figure it’s okay to still bike as long as I am slow and careful and can still keep my balance. 

102_0163

Ella got a great nap the whole time while Conner loved it—he LOVES the bike trailer. He just says, “Oh!” a lot and giggles when Jack goes over a bump. After we got done Ella woke up.  I said, “Ella, you slept the whole time we were biking,” and she said, “No I didn’t.  I was just closing my eyes because the sun was so bright.”  We all thought that was pretty funny!

102_0165

This is such a nice spot to take your kids—everyone should go here!

102_0166

Jack and the little ones

102_0169

I love my family…we have our ups and downs at home, but it always feels so good to get out and do something together.  And it tires out the kids somewhat as well…hee hee. 

CIMG0094

No comments: