Well, I think I can officially say now that Jack and I are old….because we now have a teenager….and I also have to hide gray hair with highlights and Jack is definitely thinning on top….but, the teenager thing is the real kicker.
(This is Angie kissing a frog down by our local church building—Jack had taken her there for a little Daddy daughter time. As far as I know, nothing yet has happened with the frog.)
Angie turned thirteen on the 24th of January—and she was pretty excited about it!
We had a little shindig for her with some of her cute little girlfriends—one thing I learned during this party gave me a huge sigh of relief—out daughter is COMPLETELY NORMAL—all the other girls are just as giggly and boy crazy as she is—if not more so!
Seriously, they were a cute group of girls and they seemed to get a long well and have a great time. I think Angie has a talent for picking good friends, and I also think that is because she IS a good friend.
Here’s a few pics to capture the night—We had a lip singing contest and played some games.
Of course Kari made the amazing cake. And I really don’t know what Sunny was doing back there, but I’m sure glad I got a picture of it.:)
After the cake and present wrap up the parents were scheduled to come pretty soon. So the girls all just wanted to go out back and play on the tramp. Well, after a few minutes they all rapidly ran through the house and to the front room. Unbeknownst to me they went next door to our neighbor’s house (who happen to have an extremely shy 8th grade son) and rang his doorbell. I think he knew about this plan because he was standing there with a nerf gun ready to fire. Or maybe it was their not so subtle giggling and whispering that was the tip off. It all happened so fast it was quite a blur to me!
Then I finally got all those crazy girls rounded up back in the house to play some games until parents came—man sakes alive, they are a crazy bunch! But, I have heard they slightly mellow out after 14 or so—let’s hope!
Overall I was glad that they all seemed to have a good time and get along, and Angie was in heaven—it is fun to glimpse more closely into your children’s life after they start to venture out into the world more. I hope that we can continue to have Angie make memories with her friends right here in our home.
She continues to grow up as a giving and kind person who wants to have fun and do her best—and she is a great babysitter! woohoo!
We love you teenager!
Remember—you have plenty of time to find your prince…
4 comments:
i am scared to death to have a teenage girl. looks like you are doing alright with yours. :) cute girls and cute cake.
Wow, YOU have a teenager! That just seems to crazy, maybe because you just really aren't old enough to have a teenager! Heck, just 11 years ago I was your teenage roommate! :)
You are such a great mom, truly somebody to emulate!
I love this post. I could feel the love and pride you have for your daughter. It's crazy that Angie is 13, and liking boys!!
Hey that sage colored dress looks familiar! Hee! Hee! Love you!
Post a Comment