Sunday, January 2, 2011

Three Year Olds

100_0042 Specifically, this THREE year old.  We sure love her, and I think so far that this is my favorite age—like, overall with kids in general.  I mean, they are cute as little one year olds, two year olds they are coming into talking and stuff, but by three it is so cool to see this little person emerge.  And Ella has emerged—in a big way.  She talks ALL DAY LONG.  And she says the funniest stuff!  Sure, she throws her fits and makes her messes and probably gets her way too much, but in general she really is a joy and pleasure to be around, and I love her company.  And whether we like it or not, she’s growing up up up!

100_0044

Ella and her royal cousins at her royal party—she loves these little guys and I love when Kari and the boys just stop by to play—it makes her day!

100_0046 100_0048 Aunt Kari made this beautiful cake for Ella—all she said she wanted was a “pink cake” and “pink party.” 

100_0051 This is one of Ella’s little guests and good friend Sedona—she is the sweetest little girl and so good natured!

100_0059 Here Ella is loving her cake and her aunt!

100_0061I was surprised when Ella actually decided to blow out her candles—she had been telling me for weeks that she would not blow them out.  She would say, “Mom, you will blow out my candles, and I will eat the cake.  Because if I blow them out I will get fire in my EYE!”  Cracks me up—but she was brave after all!

100_0068 100_0069 Look at this tutu Kari made—she is so spoiled by so many great relatives!  She loves this tutu and wears it A LOT. 

Some Ella updates and info.:

Ella changes her outfits at least 5 times a day—dress up or dresses are essential if music comes on so she can dance properly.

Ella’ new favorite thing is to take Barbies or stuffed animals and give them a bath—not exactly MY favorite thing for her to do, but I catch her doing it all the time.

Ella cut her own hair!  Hence the adorable new due courtesy of my talented sister—I love the new cut, but miss her old locks.  Now Ella will be somewhere with me and out of no where she will say, “Mom, I’m so sorry I cut my hair.  I won’t EVER do it again..” really sadly.  It’s so cute! (Hopefully she is telling the truth!)

Ella loves reading, coloring, writing, “doing letters,” PBS kids, making up songs, friends coming over, bath time, singing, dancing, trampoline jumping, and any other fun activity you can think of.

Happy birthday baby girl—we love you!

101_1197 101_1218

1 comment:

Jennie said...

So grown up! I can't wait to see her again and listen to her talk ALL DAY LONG. I've got two of those at my house already. :)

Kari did such a great job on the cake, as usual!